- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forJumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
"One of the best cookie recipes ever. I leave out the nuts and always chill the dough. This doesn't make very many jumbo cookies so I always double the recipe."
"I just want to say that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have come across! I ate one shortly after I pulled them out of the oven and it was a like eating a little piece of Heaven! I will definetly use this recipe whenever I am craving homemade cookies. Very easy and quick baking time. I did leave the nuts out though."
"These are the best!!!"
"Awesome. The best chocolate cookies, they are our family favorite cookies, make every weekend"
"i loved it! the first time i cooked these cookies i was wrong! i put 2 teaspoons of salt, and it was a bad idea! dont ever do that check your portions, beacuse it can taste bad as my cookies, but my second time i make these cookies tastes soooo goood! thanks for the recipe !"
"These cookies are fantastic! A message to trixiejo302 - when I made the dough I formed the cookies with a size 16 scoop and then put them all on a big cookie sheet in the refrigerator. I baked a few that night and the rest I put in the freezer. I take out a few every afternoon and put them in the refrigerator. I bake those just before we have our evening tea so we can have fresh cookies every evening."