Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
These huge cookies are a family favorite. No one can resist their sweet chocolaty taste.—Lori Sporer, Oakley, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and
- fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and
- salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips
- and pecans. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto
- greased baking sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 335 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.