- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
Love these cookies. My husband says they are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Rather than make 2 doz., I make them smaller and make 4 dozen. I also pressed them down on the cookie sheet to make them flatter.
Excellent chocolate chip cookie! By far one of the best I've tried. I use a big cookie scoop and real butter as well. The chunks of pecans are awesome in this cookie but could be omitted if preferred.
I just want to say that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have come across! I ate one shortly after I pulled them out of the oven and it was a like eating a little piece of Heaven! I will definetly use this recipe whenever I am craving homemade cookies. Very easy and quick baking time. I did leave the nuts out though.
Just made these again yesterday....I always use real butter, just my preference. I toast the pecans and this time I added a cup or so of dried tart cherries along with the chocolate chips. Use an ice cream scoop....ya, they're GIANT....six per cookie sheet, but what the heck !LOVE 'EM !
These are the best!!!