- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, optional
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool until mixture is warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and, if desired, espresso powder until blended. Whisk into chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chunks; let stand 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Brownie Cookies
Sort By :
"These cookies were Indescribable good!!!"
"Definitely will be our "chocolate lovers" favorite! Big enuff to share (if u dare!) & soft enuff for those who like their brownies a little less chewy & more cake-like. This recipe is a crowd pleaser!!! "When are u going to make those big brownie jumbos again?", I"m often asked??? Best part is, I always have the ingredients on hand!!!"
"This was AWESOME........."
"They are GREAT every one loved them"
"This is definitely an "over-the-top" cookie, but in a good way. Absolutely delicious. I did have to chill the batter a little bit after mixing otherwise they spread too much. After 15 minutes in the refrigerator the batter was much more manageable."