Jumbo Brownie Cookies Recipe
These deeply fudgy cookies are a great way to make a friend. A little espresso powder in the dough makes them even more over-the-top. — Rebecca Cababa, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, optional
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool until mixture is warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and, if desired, espresso powder until blended. Whisk into chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chunks; let stand 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- 3. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 350 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC