- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, optional
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool until mixture is warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and, if desired, espresso powder until blended. Whisk into chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chunks; let stand 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Brownie Cookies
"I used Ghiardelli Chocolate and the espresso powder. I might leave the powder out next time. Delicious and fudgy and my husband and son loved them. I will definitely make again. I used a 2 TBSP scoop and got about 24 cookies."
"1 cookie has 350 calories and 48 g carbs and 65 mg of sodium - I used the regular chocolate chips - and unsalted butter an no other salt... wasn't too bad - but will not b making these again! yuck..."
"3 Stars because this is a question (wish there was another way) so don't scold me.Anyone tried making this as a bar cookie. I want to cut out with heart shaped cutter."
"Amazing! I made these on two separate occasions this week and they were a hit each time! I substituted the chocolate chunks and did half with mint chips and the other half with white chocolate chips. I left out the espresso powder. I also used less than a 1/4 cup for smaller cookies. I will absolutely make these again!"
"I bake cookies all the time. Worst cookies I ever made. I am a chocoholic and couldn't even eat these. Way too sweet even making the cookie smaller. Nobody in my family could eat them. Threw them out."
"I'm giving these 5 stars even though I haven't made them yet! I'll figure out a way to lessen the fat content later. In the meantime, lighten up. Not all recipes, especially this time of year, need to be low-fat, low-sugar, blah blah. You want less? EAT LESS. That simple. Lighten up, people!"
"THESE COOKIES ARE AWESOME! I HAVE USED SEVERAL DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHIPS. PEPPERMINT AT THE HOLIDAYS, WHITE CHOCOLATE FOR COLOR CONTRAST AND THE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS AS RECIPE CALLS FOR. I USE A cookie SCOOP TO MAKE MINE, THUS SMALLER AND I ADJUST THE COOKING TIME TO SLIGHTLY LESS."