Jumbo Blueberry Muffins Recipe
In Michigan there are lots of blueberries, so I enjoy trying recipes with them, like a jumbo version of a classic muffin. — Jackie Hannahs, Brethren, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 jumbo muffins.
1 jumbo muffin equals 375 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC