- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over tops.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Banana-Pecan Muffins
Sort By :
"My new favorite banana muffin recipe! Very moist. I made regular size muffins the second time because the jumbo size was more dessert than breakfast. Also used walnuts instead of pecans."
"moist and light, the streusel bakes into the top so it is easier to eat."
"Made for a Bake Sale to benefit MS Awareness Week and they sold very well.I suggested that they heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Thank You for the great recipe"
"These were absolutely delicious! I think the best muffins I ever made. The bananas are amazing in them. They taste amazing when they are warm. I would definitely recommend this recipe to everyone."