These tender muffins are pretty and flavorful and topped with a delightful streusel. They are wonderful served with fresh fruit.—Pam Ivbuls, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over tops.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Jumbo Banana-Pecan Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p115
Reviews for Jumbo Banana-Pecan Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review