Jumbo Banana-Pecan Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over tops.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Banana-Pecan Muffins(17)
Sort By :
moist and light, the streusel bakes into the top so it is easier to eat.
Made for a Bake Sale to benefit MS Awareness Week and they sold very well.
I suggested that they heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Thank You for the great recipe
These were absolutely delicious! I think the best muffins I ever made. The bananas are amazing in them. They taste amazing when they are warm. I would definitely recommend this recipe to everyone.
They are amazing!!!!!!!! Loved them and super simple! Made 24 standard cupcake size