Jumbo Banana-Pecan Muffins Recipe
These tender muffins are pretty and flavorful and topped with a delightful streusel. They are wonderful served with fresh fruit.—Pam Ivbuls, Omaha, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over tops.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 317 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC