Recalls Mary Ann Dell in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania: "A friend brought this delicious, down-home dessert to church and was kind enough to give out the recipe. Everyone enjoyed it so much and just showered her with compliments! It’s especially wonderful served warm or with a dollop of creamy whipped topping."
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Combine sugar and tapioca; sprinkle over berries and toss gently. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter; sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Jumbleberry Crumble in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p37
Reviews for Jumbleberry Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review