Jumbleberry Crumble Recipe
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Combine sugar and tapioca; sprinkle over berries and toss gently. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter; sprinkle over berry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 290 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Jumbleberry Crumble
"The topping on this is my favorite. Feel free to substitute frozen fruit if needed or modify the quantities or types of berries ... just aim for the correct total amount. This doubles nicely, just bake a little longer. I frequently use blackberries in it instead of blueberries."
"This was simple to prepare - it baked while we ate supper and then we had warm dessert"