Jumble Lala Recipe
Wondering about the silly name? It came about because this dish has all the spicy goodness of jambalaya—but requires a lot less time and work to prepare!—Dora Brahmer, Spring Valley, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 80-90 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 222 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC