- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 80-90 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Jumble Lala in Country Ground Beef 1993, p38
Reviews for Jumble Lala
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2014
"Very good and easy to make. My 2yr old grandson who's a picky eater ATE this having 2 children's bowls full. Also my 1 yr old granddaughter who wrinkles her nose to rice ate 2 bowls."
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"Great Flavors & Very Easy to Make!"