Julienned Summer Vegetable Medley Recipe
“I created this when trying to recreate a fantastic dish we tried at a resort. It's a great source of fresh vegetables and is also low fat.” Charlene Chambers - Ormond Beach, Florida
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; saute 5-7 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 55 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC