Julia's Green Beans & Mushrooms Recipe
“My family has always loved fresh green beans, and my mother made them a number of ways. I’ve put my own stamp on green beans with this easy recipe.” —Julia Beccari Lewiston, NY
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash each seasoned salt, garlic powder and coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- 1. Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Stir in the parsley flakes, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add bread crumbs; cook until lightly browned.
- 3. Drain beans; toss with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 152 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC