Julia's Green Beans & Mushrooms Recipe
“My family has always loved fresh green beans, and my mother made them a number of ways. I’ve put my own stamp on green beans with this easy recipe.” —Julia Beccari Lewiston, NY
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash each seasoned salt, garlic powder and coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Stir in the parsley flakes, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add bread crumbs; cook until lightly browned.
- Drain beans; toss with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Julia's Green Beans & Mushrooms in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p34
Reviews for Julia's Green Beans & Mushrooms(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >