- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 blanched almond
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the water, rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-13 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add milk; return to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and sugar; gradually stir in 1 cup hot rice mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the raisins, vanilla and nutmeg. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Top with the almond. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Julgrot in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p70
Reviews for Julgrot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review