- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Juicy Watermelon Salad
"This was soooo delicious, using the watermelon that I got at the Farmer's Market. Fresh homegrown fruit and vegetables are my faves. I will definitely be making this again.Also, to help Robin23, Kraft & other brands make all kinds of different balsamic vinaigrette s. They are located right in with the other salad dressing. Or, look up a recipe to make your very own. Good luck!"
"I wanted to answer Robin23's question. There is a balsamic Vinaigrette. I have found this vingerette by different brand names, in the store. You will need to go to a Superstore such as HEB, Kroger's, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods Markets, or equivalent where you live, to find it. Hopes this helps. Lise"
"a bit confused about "vinaigrette" - do you mean "vinegar"?"
"Very quick and easy. Replaced the nuts with raisins and that added another layer of sweetness. Also added fresh parsley. Even my husband liked it. A great way to dress up watermelon!"
"Sooo good! Everyone loves this recipe."