Juicy Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 232 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Juicy Watermelon Salad
"anetLite House vinaigrette is wonderful with this salad."
"This was soooo delicious, using the watermelon that I got at the Farmer's Market. Fresh homegrown fruit and vegetables are my faves. I will definitely be making this again.Also, to help Robin23, Kraft & other brands make all kinds of different balsamic vinaigrette s. They are located right in with the other salad dressing. Or, look up a recipe to make your very own. Good luck!"
"I wanted to answer Robin23's question. There is a balsamic Vinaigrette. I have found this vingerette by different brand names, in the store. You will need to go to a Superstore such as HEB, Kroger's, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods Markets, or equivalent where you live, to find it. Hopes this helps. Lise"
"a bit confused about "vinaigrette" - do you mean "vinegar"?"
"Very quick and easy. Replaced the nuts with raisins and that added another layer of sweetness. Also added fresh parsley. Even my husband liked it. A great way to dress up watermelon!"
"Sooo good! Everyone loves this recipe."
"Another very easy and delicious recipe. Very refreshing and something different to serve company. None of the ingredients are unusual so even fussy eaters will enjoy this one."
"It is surprising to put the cheese and onions with watermelon, but soooo good! I served as a side at a party, was a big hit!"
"Surprisingly delicious! I made it with toasted pecans and goat cheese instead because that is what I had in my fridge and it was very tasty! I made it for a bbq and a friend who doesn't even like watermelon enjoyed it! Tastes even better the next day!"
"I made this recipe last night for some friends who were rather skeptical when they saw it. However, once they tasted it they liked it. The flavors blend interestingly (in a good way!), especially the sweet melon and the savory blue cheese. I initially chose this recipe because it was all ingredients I had on hand, but I will keep it in mind for future summer get-togethers."
"Yum! Great Salad, Family all agreed it's a keeper."
"This is so refreshing and delicious! We all loved it!"