Juicy Turkey Cheeseburgers Recipe
I know if I want to get family to the kitchen table, turkey cheeseburgers packed with hearty bites of garlic, soy sauce and ground mustard will bring them running. —Debra Humphries, Chanhassen, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 turkey bacon strips, cooked
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Mix in the ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well; shape into four patties.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook burgers over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Top with cheese; cover and cook 30 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC