- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a grill pan.
- Place burgers over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Juicy Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"These were a great take on the traditional beef burgers. If you'd like to really spice these up, you could add some Jamaican jerk seasoning or, for a Maryland touch, some Chesapeake Bay seasoning to the ground turkey mixture."
"Really enjoyed the flavor of these burgers. I didn't think the family would care for the apple but they loved it!"
"I am going to make this recipe. It sounds delicious. I think, after reading the reviews, I will mix everything up, and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two. I think letting it sit will draw out more flavor from the seasonings."
"My hubby said, "This is actually good!" after claiming he didn't like turkey burgers upon seeing them in the pan. I substituted onion & garlic powder, omitted the apple, brown rice, thyme, buns, lettuce & tomato, but increased the sage. I crushed whole allspice, sprinkling it in the bowl. I cooked them in a frying pan on the stove."
"I was a little leary of cooking it over indirect heat but they came out fine. My husband however vetoed it so probably won't be making it again. He didn't like the flavor. I liked them ok."