Juicy Roast Turkey Recipe
- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, quartered lengthwise
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Additional olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients in a small bowl; stir to form a smooth paste. Brush over inside and outside of turkey. Cover or place in a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
- 2. Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan. Place the onion, celery and parsley inside turkey cavity. Lay the bacon across breast. Spread butter between legs and body. Tie drumsticks together. Brush the turkey with oil. Pour broth and water into pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 185°, basting frequently. Remove from oven; discard bacon. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 541 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 62g protein.
Reviews for Juicy Roast Turkey
"I've made it 4 years in a row now.. It's perfect"
"This turkey turned out full of flavor. We especially loved having the bacon flavor on the breast meat."
"I made this for Thanksgiving & it was delicious. This was only my third time cooking a turkey, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. Since I had an 18 lb. turkey, I doubled the recipe and increased the cooking time and it turned out juicy, delicious & it looked beautiful too. I will continue to use this recipe in the future."
"can i use a 14 to 15 lb turkey? and if so.are there any changes i need to make"
"There isn't anything about cheesecloth in the directions or ingredients,but I have use cheesecloth on my turkey in the past I soak it in melted butter with wine lay it over the turkey breast (use several layers of cheesecloth), I do use the rest of this recipe very good"
"I used an 8 1/2 pound turkey for this recipe. I cooked it covered for 1 1/2 hours and then left it uncovered for 2 hours. I basted the turkey every twenty minutes to be sure it stayed moist. It was delicious, juicy and all my guests asked for the recipe. I didn't use bacon or fresh parsley (dry instead). I also sprinkled a little garlic salt on before cooking. I will DEFINITELY use this recipe again."
"didn't turn out juicy, was really quite dry."
"This recipe was incredible! I loved this turkey and received ALOT of compliments about its juiciness and rich flavor."
"This is the moistest turkey EVER !"
"This was the best oven baked turkey I have ever tasted. I couldn't wait for another holiday to roll around so that I can make another. I will be making it for Easter and many more holidays to come. Daniellenj84"