- 1/4 cup ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, quartered lengthwise
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Additional olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Combine the first six ingredients in a small bowl; stir to form a smooth paste. Brush over inside and outside of turkey. Cover or place in a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
- Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan. Place the onion, celery and parsley inside turkey cavity. Lay the bacon across breast. Spread butter between legs and body. Tie drumsticks together. Brush the turkey with oil. Pour broth and water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 185°, basting frequently. Remove from oven; discard bacon. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forJuicy Roast Turkey
"I've made it 4 years in a row now.. It's perfect"
"This turkey turned out full of flavor. We especially loved having the bacon flavor on the breast meat."
"I made this for Thanksgiving & it was delicious. This was only my third time cooking a turkey, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. Since I had an 18 lb. turkey, I doubled the recipe and increased the cooking time and it turned out juicy, delicious & it looked beautiful too. I will continue to use this recipe in the future."
"can i use a 14 to 15 lb turkey? and if so.are there any changes i need to make"
"I used an 8 1/2 pound turkey for this recipe. I cooked it covered for 1 1/2 hours and then left it uncovered for 2 hours. I basted the turkey every twenty minutes to be sure it stayed moist. It was delicious, juicy and all my guests asked for the recipe. I didn't use bacon or fresh parsley (dry instead). I also sprinkled a little garlic salt on before cooking. I will DEFINITELY use this recipe again."
"didn't turn out juicy, was really quite dry."
"This recipe was incredible! I loved this turkey and received ALOT of compliments about its juiciness and rich flavor."