Juicy Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 6 to 10 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- SUGAR TOPPING:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, place raspberries in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and almond extract. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle over raspberries and toss gently to coat.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling.
- 4. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut out stars or other shapes using cookie cutters. Place top pastry over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. If desired, decorate top with cutouts.
- 5. Bake 40 minutes. For topping, mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush top of pie with milk; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 520 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Juicy Raspberry Pie
"I received several compliments for this pie. Rather simple with the only relative complexity coming with the decoration. I was pressed for time so I used a pre-made crust. I will use my own recipe for an all-butter crust next time."
"Recipe saved! THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR SHARING, TOH!! J."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.