- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a
- 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry
- even with rim. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut out stars or
- other shapes using cookie cutters. Place over filling. Trim, seal
- and flute edge. If desired, decorate tops with cutouts.
- Bake 40 minutes. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Brush top of pie
- with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes longer
- or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 520 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.