- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 6 to 10 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, place raspberries in a large bowl; drizzle with lemon juice and extract. In a small bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over raspberries and toss gently to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut out stars or other shapes using cookie cutters. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. If desired, decorate tops with cutouts.
- Bake 40 minutes. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Brush top of pie with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Juicy Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
What a delicious recipe! Pie is my husbands favorite dessert and we have raspberry bushes. Since I was in a hurry, I used store bought pie crust, but will try this recipe the next time!
I used my own pie crust recipe for this (all butter recipe), but followed the filling to a 'T'. Absolutely delicious! I picked fresh black raspberries from the local orchard then made this. My husband said it was the best pie he's ever eaten in his life.
Recipe saved! THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR SHARING, TOH!! J.
I made this pie with frozen raspberries. I substituted tapioca flour for the flour. Very good pie making directions in the June July 2014 Taste of home issue
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Raspberry Pie >
- Raspberry Pies >
- Raspberry Recipes >