You've had peach pie and strawberry pie, and maybe even peach-strawberry pie. But throw in some garden-fresh basil and you're in for a real treat. Trust me. —Lindsay Sprunk, Noblesville, Indiana
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 medium)
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine peaches, strawberries and lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and basil. Add to fruit and toss gently to coat. Transfer to crust.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Place pie on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 45-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Juicy Peach & Strawberry Crumb Pie in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews forJuicy Peach & Strawberry Crumb Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2016
"would have never thoght to pair strawberries with peaches. loved the taste"
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2016
"What a unique flavor!! We loved it!"
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2016
"This was a wonderful recipe, I did leave out the basil though."