You've had peach pie and strawberry pie, and maybe even peach-strawberry pie. But throw in some garden-fresh basil and you're in for a real treat. Trust me. —Lindsay Sprunk, Noblesville, Indiana
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 medium)
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine peaches, strawberries and lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and basil. Add to fruit and toss gently to coat. Transfer to crust.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Place pie on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 45-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Juicy Peach & Strawberry Crumb Pie in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Juicy Peach & Strawberry Crumb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2016
"What a unique flavor!! We loved it!"
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2016
"This was a wonderful recipe, I did leave out the basil though."