Juicy Italian Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, oats, onion, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Place on a large sheet of waxed paper and shape into an 18-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese to within 1 in. of edges. Starting at a short side, roll up jelly-roll style. Seal edges. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining oregano. Bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 227 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Juicy Italian Meat Loaf
"Not difficult to make and it tastes great! I like to substitute garlic salt for the salt, for even more flavor. It's also nice to serve with marinara sauce on the side."
"Very good, I did not make the rectangle and sprinkle with cheese , I just put half of the meatloaf mixture in the pan, put my cheese in the middle and topped with remaining meat. Probably not as fancy as the rolled up version, but the taste should be the same and much easier!I also used the spicy V-8 juice to give it a little extra kick."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.