Juicy Italian Meat Loaf Recipe
When It's barbecue season, I make this meat loaf right on the grill! Just cook it covered, for the amount of time indicated. It's mmm-good!Aleta Balmes, Waukegan, Illinois
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, oats, onion, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Place on a large sheet of waxed paper and shape into an 18-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese to within 1 in. of edges. Starting at a short side, roll up jelly-roll style. Seal edges. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining oregano. Bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Juicy Italian Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Juicy Italian Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review