- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon each salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is syrupy and reduced by about half, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. Place chicken wings in a large bowl; drizzle with syrup and toss to coat. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Juicy Bat Wings in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p242
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Juicy Bat Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review