Juicy Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in oil in batches; drain. Place the chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish and an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Combine broth, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, curry powder, paprika, salt, mustard, chili powder and pepper; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with soup mix. Cover and bake 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Juicy Barbecued Chicken(8)
Sort By :
This had more taste as leftovers. The sauce was very watery so maybe adding a little flour to it would thicken it up and even leaving the chicken in the sauce over night and then cook it the next day. I also used drumsticks.
This was AMAZING! I am definitely going to make this again. Scrumptious flavor and ended up moist and tender. Wow!!! I didn't have curry so I left that out.
If I use the the 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish what is the 8-in square baking dish for?
I used boneless/skinless chicken thighs; it was really good. When I made the BBQ sauce I mixed all the ingredients into the ketchup bottle (there wasn't much ketchup left in it). I ended up not using the entire BBQ mixture because I only made a few pieces of chicken; so now when I want to use the BBQ sauce again I have the remaining sauce in the old ketchup bottle. I will definitely make this again.
Just LOVE this, the sauce is watery not thick but we love the taste! I bake for about an hour covered then uncover and baste chicken with sauce for about another 1/2 hours. Yummy!