We like trying to make “street foods” at home, perfecting recipes for dishes like gyros and these spiced burgers, known as kofta. — Anne Henry, Toronto, Ontario
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 4x2-in. oblong patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. If desired, serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Juicy & Delicious Mixed Spice Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Juicy & Delicious Mixed Spice Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review