Juicy & Delicious Mixed Spice Burgers Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 4x2-in. oblong patties.
- 2. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. If desired, serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger (calculated without tzatziki sauce) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.