- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 4x2-in. oblong patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. If desired, serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Juicy & Delicious Mixed Spice Burgers
Sort By :
I really enjoyed the flavor combination and found a new recipe to use fresh mint from the garden in.
These were good but I was expecting a distinct flavor from the spices and I didn't really get it. I served the burgers on pitas with the tzatziki sauce, which definitely added that taste of Greece but I'm not sure it would have otherwise had it. Tasty though and a fun change from a regular burger.