- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 6 sweet pickles, chopped
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain macaroni; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, eggs and pickles. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Judy's Macaroni Salad
"Easy recipe, I also added some minced onion, mustard and celery. Will definately make this again!"
"I love how simple and easy this recipe was to put together. I doubled the batch. This definitely would be great to try with potatoes as well."
"Tasty - loved the consistency and the eggs. It was interesting that there was no onion, i mit add a couple tbsp next time to add a little flavor."
"I made the recipe as is, and also thought it was a little bland. I added a couple of teaspoons of French's honey mustard & that helped a lot."
"I love the basic combination of the ingredients. This was exactly what I was looking for in a macaroni salad recipe. However, the final result is just bland. Can anyone give me any tips to boost the taste?"
"I have lots of macaroni salad recipes but this one is a keeper. It was very easy to prepare. My husband liked the hard boiled eggs. I added some chopped celery. Next time I might use dill pickles and juice since we love dill a lot."