Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and, if desired, walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; remove paper. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Kids requested banana bread for breakfast and this was a huge hit with the surprise mini chocolate chips inside. Very good flavor."
"This is the BEST Banana Bread I have ever tasted without adding the chocolate chips. We also use sweetened almond milk (60 cal) instead of buttermilk."
"Wow - this was delicious, moist and not your typical (sometimes boring) banana bread !"
"Made a triple batch. Will definitely make it again. Used two bags of dark chocolate chips."
"Very good recipe! I have made this twice, once using mini chips, the other using regular size. I like the mini chips better. This is definitely one to share with friends!"