Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and, if desired, walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; remove paper. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread(16)
Sort By :
Made a triple batch. Will definitely make it again. Used two bags of dark chocolate chips.
Very good recipe! I have made this twice, once using mini chips, the other using regular size. I like the mini chips better. This is definitely one to share with friends!
The best banana bread recipe I have made yet! I doubled the recipe and made 2 loaves; the only change I made was I used 1 extra banana just because it was on hand.
My wife made this for me when I had a training class at work. It was a huge hit with all the guys!
My grandchildren & their mom absolutely loved this.