I received this recipe from my co-worker and dear friend, Judy, 32 years ago. When she gave it to me she said, “You will never need another banana bread recipe.” She was almost right. I added lots of chocolate chips for the chocolate lovers in my family. — Debra Keiser, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and, if desired, walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; remove paper. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review