- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and, if desired, walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; remove paper. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Judy's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
"Delicious and moist. Used mini chocolate chips so you get chocolate in every bite."
"We love this bread! I don't change a thing."
"Soooo delicious! I was a little skeptical of so much sugar, but I made it as directed and it turned out perfect. Nice and moist, this is an definite keeper!"
"Pretty tasty. I cut the sugar in mine and it was fine....I think I actually could have cut the sugar a bit more! The kids and hubby thought it was great!"
"This was so delicious and very easy. Will definitely make again!"