Festive sweet and tart cherry sauce with a lemon accent dresses up ice cream or pound cake. —Christine Frazier, Auburndale, Florida
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. Stir cherry juice into cornstarch mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice and peel, extract and reserved cherries. Cool to room temperature. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 cups sauce.
Originally published as Jubilee Sundaes in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p66
Reviews for Jubilee Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review