Joyful Cutout Cookies Recipe
Spell out season’s greetings with a flurry of these simple but elegant cookies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Food coloring of your choice
- Snowflake sprinkles, edible glitter and shaved or shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add butter and egg; mix well.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 3-in. stocking-, wreath- and angel-shaped cookie cutters.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In large bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract. Tint as desired with food coloring; spread over cookies. Decorate as desired with sprinkles, glitter and coconut. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 260 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC