Spell out season’s greetings with a flurry of these simple but elegant cookies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Food coloring of your choice
- Snowflake sprinkles, edible glitter and shaved or shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add butter and egg; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 3-in. stocking-, wreath- and angel-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In large bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract. Tint as desired with food coloring; spread over cookies. Decorate as desired with sprinkles, glitter and coconut. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Joyful Cutout Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p86
Reviews for Joyful Cutout Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review