These whimsical cookies will bring a smile to anyone's face! Get kids involved in the fun by letting them add the red-hot candies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red paste food coloring
- 30 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 red-hot candies
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out cookie dough to 1/8-in.
- thickness. Cut out 15 ovals, using a 3-in. egg-shaped cookie cutter
- dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, tint 3/4
- cup frosting with food coloring; frost top third of each cookie.
- Using a star tip and remaining vanilla frosting, pipe a pom-pom, fur
- hat brim, eyebrows, eyes, mustache and mouth on each cookie. Press
- two chocolate chips and a red-hot candy into frosting for pupils and
- mouth. Yield: 15 cookies.