These whimsical cookies will bring a smile to anyone's face! Get kids involved in the fun by letting them add the red-hot candies. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red paste food coloring
- 30 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 red-hot candies
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out cookie dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out 15 ovals, using a 3-in. egg-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, tint 3/4 cup frosting with food coloring; frost top third of each cookie.
- Using a star tip and remaining vanilla frosting, pipe a pom-pom, fur hat brim, eyebrows, eyes, mustache and mouth on each cookie. Press two chocolate chips and a red-hot candy into frosting for pupils and mouth. Yield: 15 cookies.
Originally published as Jolly Santas in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p53
Reviews for Jolly Santas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review