Jolly Santas Recipe
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red paste food coloring
- 30 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 red-hot candies
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out cookie dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out 15 ovals, using a 3-in. egg-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, tint 3/4 cup frosting with food coloring; frost top third of each cookie.
- Using a star tip and remaining vanilla frosting, pipe a pom-pom, fur hat brim, eyebrows, eyes, mustache and mouth on each cookie. Press two chocolate chips and a red-hot candy into frosting for pupils and mouth. Yield: 15 cookies.
Reviews for Jolly Santas(4)
Sort By :
Can't wait to share these with my Wilton students as a great use of an oval cookie cutter.
These cookies were so fun to make! I am not a talented decorator, but they turned out so cute. My three-year-old loved putting on the candy eyes and nose. Yummy too!
I absolutely love this recipe and these cookies!!!!!! They were the best for my daughters school bake sale and they are absolutely ADORABLE. I completely recommend these santa cookies for anyone who has kids or anyone who just enjoys the holidays.
Thank You again!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >