Recipe provided by Johnsonville® Sausage.
- 2 links Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Vermont Maple Syrup, Original Recipe or Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices American cheese
- 4 thin slices apples, optional
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise and place in skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Move links to the side of skillet.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice in skillet, butter side down.
- Layer with one slice cheese, sausage, apple, a second slice of cheese and a second bread slice, butter side up.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 1 sandwich
Originally published as Johnsonville Vermont Style Grilled Cheese in Johnsonville® Sausage 2016
Reviews for Johnsonville Vermont Style Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2016
"Very unhealthy and fattening, but it sounds yummy! But this is not a "grilled cheese sandwich." This is a sausage sandwich with apples and cheese."
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2016 Edited Sep. 21, 2016
"The meat was cooked before putting it in the sandwich, thus loosing most of the fat.As far as fat in my pan, there were a few spatters but nothing measurable.The sandwich was great! Surprisingly, I liked the apple, it added a slightly crunchy texture and a burst of flavor. I will make this again."