Give your taste buds a sweet ride with this light, refreshing salad idea from Johnsonville. This salad brings together a great blend of sweet notes with plump, delicious strawberries and tart, crisp Granny Smith apples. For playful texture and balance, walnuts and feta cheese are added to fresh spring greens. Johnsonville's Apple Chicken Sausage is the perfect compliment to an already tasty salad, bringing in a sweet/savory combo that making this meal a fantastic healthy alternative to enjoy your favorite sausages.
- 1 link (6 ounces) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) pre-washed spring mixed greens
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, lightly brown sausage. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens, strawberries, apple, walnuts, cheese and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey and oil. Pour over salad and toss. Serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Johnsonville Strawberry and Apple Chicken Sausage Salad in Johnsonville® Sausage 2016
Reviews for Johnsonville Strawberry and Apple Chicken Sausage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review