Johnsonville Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa Recipe
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Premium Cooking Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- toasted bread crumbs, optional
- 1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a place and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, bring water to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat, stir often until pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. (Do not drain). In a small, whisk cornstarch, milk and hot pepper sauce.
- 3. Gradually add to pasta; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add cheeses and sausage. Stir until blended and cheese melts.
- 4. Sprinkle with crumbs if desired. Serve. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC