- 1 package Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Premium Cooking Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- toasted bread crumbs, optional
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a place and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, bring water to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat, stir often until pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. (Do not drain). In a small, whisk cornstarch, milk and hot pepper sauce.
- Gradually add to pasta; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add cheeses and sausage. Stir until blended and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with crumbs if desired. Serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Johnsonville Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa
Sort By :
It was just okay, I doubt that I would make this again. All the water did not evaporate and with the milk it was kind of soupy. The only definite flavor was the pepper sauce, not recommended for younger children.
I am disappointed, do not usually find a recipe here that I am not satisfied with.